How to root HTC Explorer A310e
HTC explorer users are complaining about bad battery and low internal memory for apps. In order to flash custom roms, you need to have root access on HTC Explorer.
This small guide will help you in rooting HTC Explorer.
1. Install HTC Sync on PC
First download and install HTC Sync on your PC and connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
To download HTC Sync click here.
2.Unlock phone’s bootloader
HTC explorer comes with locked bootloader. You need to unlock the bootloader.
HTC Dev site will help you in case of unlocking bootloader of HTC Explorer.
Move to www.htcdev.com/bootloader and follow steps given there.
NOTE - HTC Explorer isn’t listed as a working device yet but it has been tested and works perfectly. Choose “all other supported models” when selecting device.
3. Flash Recovery
That will allow you to install .zip ROMs and mods. You can access to it in the bootloader menu of htc explorer when booting the phone after removing inserting the battery and pressing “volume down” and “power” buttons simultaneously.
- Download http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=913094&d=1329843100″>A310E Recovery.zip
- extract it in any window on your PC.
- run the recovery.bat with phone in fastboot mode and connected with usb.
- Place this Superuser.zip file in the microSD first.
- Go into Recovery mode (“volume down” + “power”)
- Install Superuser.zip with the option “install .zip from sd” from the recovery menu.
Done ! Your HTC Explorer is rooted now. Now you can install .zip ROMs on your phone :)
Warning – Unlocking and rooting device voids official warranty.
Source – xda forum.